Including live shows from Ed Byrne, Miles Jupp, Andrew Maxwell and more
London, 5th October 2021: NextUp, the comedy streaming platform, today announces its integration with Samsung and LG TVs. Smart TV owners can now livestream the very best stand-up shows with a few taps of a remote control, bringing the ’anything that can happen’ thrill of live comedy to millions of sofas across the UK.
For NextUp subscribers there is something to make even the sternest of viewers chuckle in the huge line-up of comedic talent on the platform. Shows on the channel include some of the biggest names in the industry, including Ed Byrne, Miles Jupp and Andrew Maxwell alongside award winning rising stars of comedy such as Jordan Brookes, Laura Lexx and Maisie Adam.
NextUp is a stand-up comedy platform that features multiple livestreams every week from the nation’s best comedy clubs. Plus, an on-demand library of hundreds of comedy specials from famous names and the rising stars of comedy. This news comes shortly after the platform announced its partnership with London’s world-famous Comedy Store to bring its hilarious stand-up live to subscribers’ homes.
Sarah Henley, co-founder of NextUp, says, “Finally you can now experience live comedy from your sofa, whilst eating pizza in your pyjamas. This deal with Samsung and LG brings live comedy to the masses in a revolutionary way. Through lockdown we learnt that making comedy accessible was really a necessity. It gave people who don’t attend live stand-up shows a chance to discover something new, something different, or something familiar. Whatever it was – people loved it. Streaming on your TV something that’s happening live on stage is a genuine thrill. You really feel like you’re there with the venue’s audience, not knowing what will go right, wrong or who will say what. It’s unfiltered, unedited and there’s no queue for the toilet.”
Upcoming shows that will be available to subscribers include:
- NextUp Comedy Live,
- Tits n Giggles, a monthly women-only short form night at the Backyard Comedy Club in Bethnal Green.
- Raucous, a comedy show featuring under-represented groups at Up The Creek Comedy Club, Greenwich.
More NextUp shows this month include:
- 10th October – Pope Lonergan & Meryl O’Rourke Live
- 12th October – NextUp Comedy Live At The Comedy Store: Line up | Nick Helm | Michael Odewale | Maisie Adams
- 23rd October – Musical Comedy Awards 2021 Final | headlined by Mawaan Rizwan
- 23rd October – Angel Comedy Stream | Line Up: Huge Davies | Kate Baron | Joe Wells | Fiona Ridgewell
- 25th October – Suspiciously Cheap | Line Up – TBC
- 29th October – Backyard Comedy Stream | Line Up – TBC
- 31st October – Weirdo’s Halloween Project
Find all of NextUp’s upcoming livestreams here.
With the belief that we all need laughter in our life, NextUp is continuing to make comedy accessible to all. Whether that is by bringing a bit of cheer to last year’s virtual Christmas dos with live streamed events which saw CEOs getting roasted by comedians, or now by setting up partnerships with some of the biggest tech firms in the world, NextUp is feeding the nation’s soul one chuckle, chortle and giggle at a time.