The buzzworthy ingredient turmeric has been popping up everywhere but what makes this superfood so super? Besides its gorgeous golden colour, it works as a natural anti-inflammatory – and its power isn’t just great for your insides as turmeric is packed with beauty benefits for both skin and hair.
The problem is, there is always so much noise surrounding beauty regimes – what to do and not to do – and it can become incredibly hard to drown out the fads and find something that actually works for you.
Well, summer is most certainly the season to feel healthy and revitalised thanks to the longer and warmer days, so The Turmeric Co. has pulled together its top tips to help you find a simple yet effective skin care routine in an instant!
Morning Beauty Regime
It’s extremely important to look after your skin, and that starts with a good morning routine
- Start the morning with a cleanse – just because you washed your face the night before doesn’t mean it should be neglected in the morning – plus you’ll feel so much better for it.
- Next step is to exfoliate – removing any dead skin cells that leave your skin looking dull.
- After that (and this one is important) moisturise! Moisturising everyday can reduce the chance of developing extreme dryness or oiliness – which means you’re less likely to encounter skin problems1.
- Next you need to protect your skin from the harsh beam of the sun – even on colder days. You must apply SPF. Not only does it keep you protected from harmful rays but this in turn will help prevent premature skin aging caused by the sun, including wrinkles, sagging and age spots2.
- Now for the golden (literally!) ticket! Start your day with an enviable glow and add turmeric – and yes, we mean the bright orange/yellow cooking spice. But, how? Simply add one of The Turmeric Co.’s shots such as the Raw Turmeric shot to your morning routine, of course.
Turmeric gets its renowned health benefits primarily from curcumin, a bioactive component found in the powerful spice that has remarkable anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Not only will adding turmeric to your diet help to reduce redness and give you that ‘glowing from within’ look3 and lustre to your skin, but it’s also the perfect way to kick start your morning with a nutritious boost!
Night-time Beauty Regime
Now, there’s no point doing one without the other – taking good care of your skin before your head hits the pillow is just as important.
- Remove Make-up – if you wear it, make sure you take it off. Find a remover that works for you and even when you’re feeling super tired, ensure you remove it properly. You’ll thank us in the morning.
- Just like step-two in the morning, exfoliation is key! By doing this, you’re removing any dead skin cells that have appeared during the day and getting your skin ready for bed.
- Once again, be sure to moisturise to leave your skin feeling and looking visibly nourished and hydrated. However, if you’ve hit a wall when it comes to anti-aging moisturiser, night cream and serum, it might be worth adding turmeric to your night-time skincare regime. Thanks to curcumin’s high antioxidants levels and anti-inflammatory properties, it can help to fight acne, uneven skin tone, and even fine wrinkles4.
- Now, for the final step – to really bring the day to a close. A Turmeric Face Mask – one we’re sure you haven’t tried before that has a whole host of benefits.
If you’re a fan of turmeric but are yet to experience the range of benefits from applying it directly to your skin, you’re truly missing out!
The use of turmeric to combat medical conditions dates back thousands of years. Turmeric face masks have been used to treat:
Signs of ageing