- With many Brits fleeing the UK to get those much-needed rays this summer, family-owned, nursery brand ClevaMama is sharing their top travel essentials for parents travelling with babies
- Research suggests that travelling abroad can significantly impact baby’s sleep patterns, especially with the warmer weather and streaming sunlight1
- ClevaMama’s Blackout Blinds have been carefully designed so the unique light and heat reflective lining can protect against babies overheating
As the majority of Brits flee the UK to lap up the sun abroad each summer, many parents may overlook the impact this can have on their baby’s sleep.
According to research, travelling to new and unfamiliar places can significantly impact baby’s sleep patterns2. In particular, lighter evenings and earlier mornings can bring numerous sleep challenges to young babies, which can lead to much higher sleep temperatures as a result.
ClevaMama, the family-owned, nursery brand, is working with sleep expert Andrea Grace, to offer their top travel essentials, tips and advice for parents to help ensure their babies have better sleep whilst travelling.
When babies are hot, they can run the risk of overheating, and struggle with large discomfort as a result. As their body temperature dips at night (as it’s naturally inclined to do), this not only triggers the brain to get ready for sleep, but also results in deeper, better sleep. So, it’s essential to keep your baby’s little body as cool as possible, by keeping their room temperature between 16-20°C.
Andrea comments, “Sleep is hugely important, not only for babies’ health and growth, but also for their learning and development. Travelling with a young baby can significantly impact their sleep routine, so it’s essential to ensure your baby is getting optimal sleep when abroad. The most important thing is to keep your little one’s room shielded from the sun, so it doesn’t become too warm, and to prevent your baby overheating when sleeping”.
Working together with ClevaMama, Andrea Grace shares her top travel essentials that every parent needs when travelling with babies this summer:
- ClevaMama Black Out Blinds: Black out blinds are designed for safety, versatility and convenience. The unique light and heat reflective lining offers the perfect safeguard against overheating in your nursery during warmer days, while ensuring your baby has a peaceful, safe, and darkened sleeping environment. The large suction cups ensure the blind can be easily stuck to any window for ease when travelling, to reflect the light and heat, keeping your baby’s room cool and dark
- Light Cotton Bedding: Room temperature can be maintained by using only light cotton bedding for your child when sleeping. Made from natural fibres, cotton is light, breathable, sustainable and will help your little one stay cool. ClevaMama offers a range of cotton pillowcases, sheets and cellular blankets for the optimal summer bedding for your baby, which can be easily transported in a suitcase for ease when travelling
- Sleeveless sleep suit/vest or a lightweight, well-fitting baby sleep bag: When staying in a warmer country, your baby will need a lot less clothing at night, so if they are used to swaddles or sleep bags, check the TOG rating and make sure it’s 1.0/1.5 TOG. On warmer nights, they may only need a little vest underneath. This makes it comfortable and safe for your baby, to help your baby sleep well when travelling
- ClevaPure Salt Lamp: Moistening the air in your baby’s room will help to keep them cool in the warmer temperatures when on holiday. ClevaPure™ Salt Lamp has a reservoir which you can fill with water, which is gently diffused into the air to prevent dryness while emitting a warm glow. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to help your little one sleep well at night and create a fragrant atmosphere.
The ClevaMama range is available directly from www.clevamama.com, Smyths Stores and independent retailers.