- 25% of British adults plan to shop Prime Day, up from 20% last year
- Products for the home is the most popular category among British shoppers
- Finder’s shopping expert, Reemul Balla shares tips for shopping the sales
PRESS RELEASE – One quarter of British adults, or an estimated 13.4 million people, plan to shop this year’s Amazon Prime Day sales, according to Finder’s Amazon Prime Day Shopping Report.
Finder’s survey of 2,004 Internet users in the UK reveals the most popular category to shop for is products for the home, with about 8% of Brits planning to buy things like soft furnishings and home decor.
Around 6% say they’ll purchase make-up and skincare products while 5% are in the market for clothing and accessories.
More men plan to shop than women; 26% of men said they’d shop the Amazon event compared to 24% of women
However the types of products they’re interested in varies – women are more likely to have their eye on products for the home (10% vs 7%), while men are more likely to want a gaming product (5% vs 2%).
Younger Brits are more likely to say they’ll shop the sales. A whopping 32% of those aged 18-34 plan to do so , while just 24% of those aged 35-54 and 21% of those aged 55+ say the same.
Finder’s Reemul Balla, shopping expert and product tester, said:
“Most households are struggling with the rampant price rises of everyday goods, so finding a good deal has become more important than ever. After testing air fryers, we did some analysis and found that the average takeaway costs around 345% more than a ‘fakeaway’ imitation made using an air fryer. Over the course of a year this could save you hundreds of pounds.
“I recently reviewed 18 air fryers and handheld vacuums to find the best value options. You can read my verdicts here on air fryers and handheld vacuums.
“For those looking to shop the Prime sales, it’s always a good idea to have a list of products in mind before you get started. That way you know what you need and you’re not as likely to get carried away.
“Given Prime Day sales are a virtual event, a great way to do this is to add the products to your Amazon favourite list ahead of time. Once the sales kick off, you can easily see which products are discounted and then decide whether the discount is enough to justify buying the item.”
You can find the full report here: https://www.finder.com/uk/amazon-prime-day-statistics
Finder’s best air fryers in the UK 2022
- Innoteck Kitchen Pro DS-5895 16 litre: Best for convenience
- Tower Vortx T17039 Air Fryer Oven: Best for a low budget
- Ninja AF160UK Max Air Fryer: Best for small kitchens
- Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker 6L OP350UK: Best for foodies
- Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Multi-Cooker 7.5l OP450UK: Best for complete meals
- Tower Xpress Pro Combo 10 in 1 air fryer : Best for a family of 4